This article may use affiliate links. Eluxe Magazine only links to products we trust. Mexican makeup brands.
Chances are you’re no stranger to Instagram and YouTube makeup transformations. They can be almost addictive to watch: a plain Jane chirps into the camera about some new product she’s discovered, swipes some foundation here, dabs some concealer there, blends it all over, and bam — a face is completely transformed.
Sure some of the transformations are awe-inspiring, but most of the vloggers and bloggers aren’t aware of all the toxins they’ve just smeared all over their faces. From phthalates and parabens to perfumes and BPA and much, much more, cosmetics are normally choc-a-block with harmful ingredients, many of which are now being linked to cancer, hormonal disruption, skin rashes and more. Despite these discoveries, most old, established cosmetics companies are far too slow to change their ways, and continue to pump out their toxic sludge into packages they sell to us as ‘makeup.’
As a consequence, a crop of new, innovative brands are springing up, but unlike their larger (and more chemically laden) competitors, they don’t have easy access to large markets, and many consumers don’t know where to find them.
Sure, there are plenty of great sites out there selling beauty products online, including Eco Diva Beauty, Love Lula and more, but of course they can’t carry all the natural makeup brands out there. If you’ve ever wondered which makeup brands best deliver non-toxic gorgeousness to your face, these are them.
35 Of The Best Natural Makeup Brands
1. RMS Beauty: An amazing range of cosmetics founded by makeup artist Rose-Marie Swift who, after discovering her blood contained high levels of heavy metals from years of continual exposure to beauty products rich in things like lead and aluminium, decided to switch to all natural alternatives. RMS is filled with creamy foundations, amazing concealers, lipsticks, cheek balms and their all new ‘master mixer’ which will make you look like a shining, golden goddess.
2. Ecco Bella : This all natural beauty range includes organic products too. There’s something for every imaginable beauty need: perfume, makeup, skincare, hair care, body care, you name it! No wonder it’s a favourite brand with Miss Earths around the world.
3. PHB Ethical Beauty: There’s pretty much no type of makeup that this brand doesn’t do, and do well, at that. This British family run business uses only 100% naturally derived ingredients, and is the brand currently offering the world’s largest range of Vegan, Cruelty Free, Palm Oil Free, & Halal Certified beauty products. Get everything from them from mascara to lipstick, shampoo to body cream and so much more.
4. Axiology: These guys are highly specialised in one kind of cosmetic: lipstick. Their vegan friendly formulations not only come in a huge range of crazy beautiful shades, but their packaging is as luxurious and as well designed as the creamy concoctions within.
5. Jane Iredale: A line dedicated to make mineral makeup multi-functional, providing great results whilst also being good for the skin. They do some killer foundations and we especially love their primer which helps set foundation whilst providing a dewy finish.
6. Kjaer Weiss: Yet another inspiring story from founder and makeup artist Kristen who looked to develop a high performing cosmetic line that wasn’t harsh on women’s skin. Eight years on and the brand is so awesome, it has cult status – award-winning foundations and the first natural mascara we’ve found that actually works.
7. Vapor Beauty: Specialising in illuminator sticks and foundations, Vapor has become a celeb and makeup artist staple. With their huge range of products, there’s a perfect shade for every kind of complexion and skin type.
8. Celtic Complexion : Specifically formulated for fair complexions, this brand specialises in tinted foundations rich in natural SPFs. They match all fair skin tones perfectly and give you a nice little glow, too.
9. Josie Maran : The former model has made a great makeup range based on argan oil and other natural ingredients. From bronzers and lipsticks to cheek stains and foundations, this range is aimed at giving you the same Cali girl glow its founder is so well known for.
10. Lisa Noto: Famed for her richly pigmented lipsticks, this former model has a small but lovely range of natural makeup, including mascara, eye shadows and lipsticks. Based in Canada, she delivers worldwide.
11. Hynt Beauty : Hynt offers a comprehensive range of awesome primers, brushes, eye shadows, foundations, mascaras, you name it! They all come beautifully packaged, too. We’re pretty much obsessed with their award winning Peonies Please Aria lipstick and their Nocturne mascara in black, but there’s a lot more to choose from.
12. Lavera : One of the biggest brands and also one of the best, Lavera ensures all of its European made cosmetics are not only fully natural, but gorgeously functional too. Whatever your beauty needs, Lavera caters to it. And best of all, they’re super easy to buy: you can find them at Whole Foods, Amazon, Planet Organic and just about any decent health shop.
13. Mirror and Makeup : Born in England, this award winning brand gets top ratings from makeup artists and makeup lovers alike, for its pure, mineral based powders and lushly hued lipsticks and lip glosses.
14. Zuii Organic : OMG, we love this brand! Their lipsticks are absolutely tops – richly pigmented and they stay on all day. But their super-fine, durable, eyebrow shaping stick is one of our favourite things: containing natural waxes and pigments, it not only makes your brows look their lushest, but ensures they stay in place, too.
Makeup forever logo
15. Pacifica: This well established brand is focused on formulating natural, safe, and sustainable products that are 100% vegan and cruelty-free. Everything in their extensive range, which encompasses lipsticks, perfumes, mascaras, eye shadows and more, is made using only natural ingredients such as soy wax and pure essential oils
16. 100% Pure : Yerba mate. Blueberries. Pomegranate. It sounds like breakfast, but these are actually but a few of the plant based ingredients that well-loved American brand 100% Pure loves to use in their makeup and skincare ranges. Their huge range is regularly updated – and regularly sells out!
17. Juice Beauty : From plant-derived skincare to makeup containing plant stem cells, Juice Beauty has it all. They combine the best that technology has to offer with treasures from the world of nature. No wonder it’s a favourite with celebs like Jessica Alba and Gwyneth Paltrow!
18. Afterglow Cosmetics : Bridging the gap between natural and high-fashion glam, Afterglow Cosmetics are made of a unique formula that blends mineral makeup with organically infused color to bring one of the most high-end natural makeups that you can find. Free of synthetic dyes, perfumes or preservatives, Afterglow Cosmetics are one of the most natural looks you can get when looking for a full spectrum of makeup needs.
19. Lippy Girl: Calling all vegans! This brand specialises in naturally pigmented, vegan friendly lipsticks made with organic and wild crafted natural oils and waxes. Basically, this is exactly the type of thing you should be putting on your mouth! Bonus: this is a seriously reasonably priced brand, too.
20.Dr Hauschka: One of the most renowned natural makeup companies in the world, this German-based company make luxurious cosmetics in a way that complements the biology of the skin and supports long-term skin health. No wonder this all natural line of makeup and beauty products is loved by women all over the globe! Personally, I adore their lipsticks because their pigments aren’t just natural, but they look natural, too. Great for your day look!
21. Sephora Natural & Organic Range : One of the largest and most well-known beauty companies in the world, Sephora has an amazing line of natural and organic makeup. Dedicated to the highest of quality, Sephora has now created its own extensive and exclusive line of all-natural products, which includes a huge variety of colours and products – you’d expect that from one of the world’s biggest beauty brands, right?
22. Tarte Cosmetics: A Shopping TV favourite, Tarte Cosmetics uses high performance natural ingredients in its skincare and makeup ranges. Unfortunately, we just learned that some products aren’t as natural as you’d think, but Tarte made it to our list because they’re still ‘cleaner’ than most high street brands, and they offer a rainbow of shades designed to match fashion trends. Tarte also has a variety of philanthropic projects too, so every purchase goes towards doing good for the planet, its people, and its animals, too.
23. Inika: Another brand to die for! Inika’s mineral and organic ingredients make for perfect powders, foundations, finishing products, lipsticks, eyeshadows, you name it. And their range of colours has something for everyone, no matter what your skin tone. Their packaging is also sleek and gorgeously inspirational.
24. Alima Pure: Alima Pure knows how hard it is to find the perfect foundation shade, and so they’ve come up with the perfect solution for letting you find your perfect match: you can get a sample set sent to your home that allows you to mix and match mineral makeup and pick the pigments that suit you best. Beyond foundation, they have a wide range of everyday makeup, for your cheeks, eyes and lips, too.
25. Lily Lolo : Lily Lolo is a British brand offering an expertly formulated range of high-performance, high quality mineral makeup must-haves to help you achieve flawless natural beauty. All products are free of any parabens, synthetic perfumes or dyes, but Lily Lolo is best known for their awesome eye makeups: eyeshadows, liners and their mascaras are a cult favourite!
26. Organic Pharmacy : Known mainly for their skincare ranges, Organic Pharmacy has also created OG makeup and perfumes – that stands for ‘organic glam’ and this gorgeously packaged, highly pigmented makeup lives up to its name. Bonus: they also make luscious natural perfumes!
27.Beautycounter: Founded with the intention of making organic skin care that looked as good on your nightstand as it worked for your face, this California-based line expanded to include makeup, hair care, and kid-friendly products. The brand’s site even has an extensive ingredient glossary to help you decode what’s good for you…and what’s not.
28. Elixery Cosmetics House : Hey, lipstick lovers! Be prepared to fall in love. These vegan-friendly lippies come in a variety of on-trend shades and provide gorgeously moisturising, sheer coverage, without any added nasty chemicals.
29. NAT Origin: Got sensitive eyes, prone to tears and redness? We’ve found your beauty solution, and it’s called NATorigin. This is a multi award winning, hypo-allergenic natural range formulated for extremely sensitive eyes and skin. Fully approved by Allergy UK to be beneficial to allergy sufferers, their great quality products, including eye shadows, liners and mascaras, are all designed to be as gentle as possible through a special production process while sourcing ingredients from natural (minimum 97%) and organic sources.
30: W3LL People: A Birchbox favourite, W3LL People is a natural makeup brand that was launched by a conscientious trio: NARS veteran and self-professed “makeup guru” Shirley Pinkson; James Walker, the “treehugger” who logged hours with a Fortune 500 company; and eco-conscious “skin doctor” Renee Snyder, M.D.
31. ILIA: Oh, Ilia, how I adore thee! This is a super sleek brand that uses bioactive ingredients to create a wide range of must-have cosmetics. These guys do lipsticks and foundations like no other, but we especially love their multi-sticks for a glossy finish for lips, eyes and cheeks.
32. Antonym : Fully certified as organic by Ecocert, Antonym’s vegan-friendly products use mineral pigments – even the eyeliner is enriched with maruba and jojoba oils, making this a great line for sensitive skin.
33. Odylique By Essential Care: I’ve long known about Odylique’s incredibly gentle body creams and washes, as I use them on my baby’s skin, but I had no idea they also did makeup, until now. Hooray! If you’re looking for non-irritating basics, including concealers, mascaras and foundations, this is your brand.
34. Ere Perez: Founded in 2004 by Mexican-born, Australian dwelling natural therapist Ere Perez, this comprehensive beauty range of toxin-free makeup is made from high quality certified Cruelty Free, all natural ingredients. You’ll find everything you could possibly want from a makeup range here – including vegan makeup brushes – all housed in minimalistic white packaging.
35. Adorn: Richly pigmented, mineral based eye shadows, foundations, blushers, lipsticks and more are on offer from this Australia based brand. We especially love their vegan makeup brushes, and the fact that they offer a sample pack for you to try the whole range before you buy!
Main and first images: David Reiss: www.davidreissphotography.com
All material on our site is original unless stated. Original content is fully copyrighted and may not be reproduced without permission. We make every effort to ensure all published images respect appropriate copyright. Should there be any issue, please contact us immediately.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Eluxe Magazine uses affiliate links throughout the site. We may be compensated if readers click on those links. We only provide links to products and services we genuinely like and trust.
Our Site will also occasionally contain links to, and quotations of, material from other sites. Eluxe Magazine is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of other sites and expressly disclaims any liability arising out of such content or practices. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave Eluxe Magazine’s Site, and to read the privacy statements of any website that may collect personally identifiable information. Some of the links found on our site may be links that have been paid for by the sponsor. Under no circumstances does Eluxe Magazine accept responsibility for, nor shall Eluxe Magazine be liable for any violation of personal or proprietary rights of you and/or any third party (including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, patent, service mark, misappropriation, unfair competition, trade secrets, privacy publicity rights, etc.), false advertising that is harmful, or violates any law or governmental regulation and/or any media that may constitute libel or slander of any person or entity or infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or any other right of any person or entity arising out of content, practices, or other media of any third party links.
Eluxe Magazine is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of other sites we link into and expressly disclaims any liability arising out of such content or practices. Under no circumstances does Eluxe Magazine accept responsibility for, nor shall Eluxe Magazine be liable for any damages or detriment arising out of content, practices, or other media of third party links.
Editorial Statement and Disclaimer
The views expressed at here are the views of the Eluxe staff and do not necessarily represent the views of Eluxe sponsors and/or partners. Eluxe content is for informational and entertainment purposes, and any views expressed should not be accepted as a substitute for qualified expertise. Though we make every effort to provide accurate information, it is up to you, the reader, to use Eluxe’s content responsibly; in return, we promise to publish responsibly. We stand by our content, our writers, and our editors. In the rare case we make a mistake, we will take whatever reasonable course of action we can to acknowledge and correct it.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, TGT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ELUXE MAGAZINE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR ANYTHING ELSE HARMFUL. FURTHER, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, ELUXE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, RELIABILITY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT, THE CONTENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY SITE LINKED TO OR FROM THIS SITE, COMMENTS, INFORMATION, INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OUR VENDORS, OR ANY OTHER ITEMS OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE OR LINKED TO FROM THE SITE.
ELUXE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR (A) ANY, ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, SITE AND MATERIALS SET FORTH ON OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, (B) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITE(S), PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, (C) ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVERS THAT HOST THE SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITE(S) AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (D) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE OR THIRD PARTY SITE(S), (E) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITE(S) BY TGT OR ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (F) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE NETWORK OR ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION AND MATERIALS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THIRD PARTY SITE(S)) OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING.
NO PERSON (INCLUDING ANY AGENT, DEALER OR REPRESENTATIVE OF ELUXE MAGAZINE) IS AUTHORISED TO MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY CONCERNING PRODUCTS AND BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE NOT RELIED ON ANY OTHER WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ELUXE OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, MANUFACTURERS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA, REVENUE OR PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH (A) THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE; (B) THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, MATERIALS, CONTENT, OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE FROM, ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE(S); OR (C) THE CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OF THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ELUXE MAGAZINE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ASSUME COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST TGT FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE. THAT SAID, IF ELUXE MAGAZINE IS FOUND TO BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR WHICH IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ANY CONTENT, OR PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, ELUXE MAGAZINE’S LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED $100.00 IN THE AGGREGATE.
Cosmetics products name list with price
Aggregate information (non-personally identifiable information)
Eluxe Magazine may, from time to time, automatically collect aggregate information about our visitors to our advertisers, sponsors, promotional partners and affiliates. This aggregate information includes, but is not limited to, IP addresses connecting to our site, how many persons visited a particular page or activity, dates and times of image uploads, device characteristics, operating system, browser type, type of connection, page and image viewing statistics, and incoming and outgoing links.
Like most websites, we use log files to store this information. None of this automatically collected technical information is associated with any identified person at the time it is collected, but it could be associated with you under two circumstances: First, if you choose to give us personal data about you as described above, the technical information we collect that would otherwise be anonymous could instead be logged as coming from you. Second, if we are required to disclose our server logs as a result of a subpoena or other legal process, some third party such as your internet provider could match our anonymous technical information with you, using information beyond what is found on our servers.
Eluxe Magazine will never share, sell, lease, or rent PII to unaffiliated third parties, except in the following circumstances:
a) If we have a good faith belief that we must disclose such information for legal reasons, such as to enforce our Terms of Service, protect or assert the rights, property interests, or personal safety of Eluxe (including its employees, directors, suppliers, distributors, service providers, users of the Website or others), or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. We will disclose information only to the extent necessary to comply with the purpose of the request.
b) We may share aggregate, anonymous or summary information regarding our customers and their behaviors with partners, advertisers or other third parties. This data is not personal information and so will not identify you personally. We may share information with companies that provide support services to us, such as a printer, mailing house, fulfillment-company, credit card processor, email service provider or web host, amongst others. These parties may need personal information about you in order to perform their functions. However, these parties may not use any personal information we share with them about you for any other purpose other than in connection with performing supporting functions for us.
In order to access a profile on Eluxe Magazine’s shop, you must first create an account with a username and password. The registration system requires that a valid email address be used to confirm the account. You should choose a username that does not include your last name and does not specify your city or your address. Eluxe Magazine asks that you use your first name only, or an alias, for your display name. This is to safeguard your privacy and protection. We do not use and cannot access this information.
Eluxe Magazine is 100% opposed to unsolicited commercial email (“spam”). We do not have any desire to send unsolicited marketing emails to anyone without permission and we do not sell or provide user email addresses to any unauthorised third party in violation of this Policy. All of our newsletters and other general email marketing communications also include an “unsubscribe” opt-out link that you may use to tell us to stop sending you marketing emails.
The third-party companies that will be serving advertisements on Eluxe Magazine may include DoubleClick, Google and Taboola.