Makeup artist and educator Stefani Carol has always had a passion for teaching and a desire to help others. True to form, I met this multi-talented lady (she’s also a photographer) modeling in a charity fashion show, and her infectious personality and enthusiasm for her work intrigued me—so much so, that I reached out to her to ask about her favorite makeup tips, products she loves, and plans for the future. Makeup and beauty tips.
You’re certified in Bridal Makeup Artistry, so give us the scoop: what are your top tips for wedding day makeup?
1. Always have a professional makeup artist do your makeup! Cameras are rolling and these photos and videos will last forever.
2. Drink lots of water and make sure to take good care of your skin months before your big day. There is nothing more beautiful than a glowing bride with healthy skin.
3. Flawless foundation and lashes are a must for your wedding day. You don’t want to overdo it, but it’s important to have your best features highlighted.
Beauty trends come and go just like fashion trends. What are your favorite makeup and beauty trends for this year?
1. The “Dewy” look. There’s a fine line between shining skin and glowing skin…but with the right products it’s just gorgeous! Pro tip: The Beauty Blender is great for achieving this look!
Jessica simpson makeup and beauty tips
2. Brow Shaping. I love that brows are finally being done right and there are so many tutorials for women out there who want to learn.
3. Over Lined Lips. Take your liner a little bit over the natural lip line with nude pencil. Fill in your lips with your favorite lipstick then add shine with gloss or lightly set with translucent powder for a matte lip. I’m always a fan of nudes and mauve/pink lip colors for my brides.
Is there a particular product you’re loving right now?
This is SO hard…I can give you five must haves!
1. I can’t go a day without my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow!
2. My favorite highlighter in the world right now is Mary-Lou Manizer by The Balm Cosmetics
3. CHANEL Hydra Beauty Micro Serum
4. Motives Mavens Sculpt Series” concealer/contour cream palette
5. CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Foundation
You opened your own beauty school, that’s such a huge step! What prompted you to start the Makeup Academy, and do you have any more big plans for the future?
I’ve always had a passion for teaching others about the beauty industry. After graduating from cosmetology school, I realized how much I loved makeup artistry. I sought out further education to perfect my craft, only to realize that no such school or program existed in Ohio. I had the opportunity to travel to Vegas and Miami to further my education under a few of the industry’s elite professionals! Working with the educators really inspired me to pass on the wealth of knowledge to aspiring artists back home.
I then obtained my Ohio Cosmetology Instructors License and created a professional curriculum for makeup classes. I shared my vision with some of my closest supporters, took a leap of faith, and launched Ohio’s first Makeup Academy with Stefani Carol LLC.
Makeup and beauty tips blog
I currently host workshops every month for beginners to advanced artists.
My big plans for the future are to continue to give back to the community and provide a fun atmosphere for my students in my academy. I’m also excited for all the 2015 weddings…including my own!
Congratulations to you and your (cutie-pie) fiance, Stefani! To learn more about booking Stefani Carol for your wedding or attending her classes visit www.stefanicarol.com and connect on Facebook.