Usually I don’t see girls wearing much makeup in Ahmedabad. But to my surprise in Navratri, not even a single girl I see is without full face makeup and well, why not? After all, these nights are about looking pretty and bringing out our Indian beauty Beauty makeup tips.
Some useful tips to look flawless this Navratri:
1. Get your facial, waxing, threading, and back polishing done at least couple days before to avoid any last minute redness and bumps on your skin.
2. Avoid manicure and pedicure sessions right before Navratri. In fact, trim your nails and keep them short, to avoid injuries, cuts, and breaking your nails while you’re dancing your heart out.
3. Now I understand that Navratri is a nighttime festival, but I still recommend you wear sunscreen on your hands and feet right before leaving the house. This will prevent your exposed body parts from extra drying and roughness.
4. Wear a good amount of deodorant, and also sprinkle some talc powder on your underarm areas to keep them dry for a longer time. Because you don’,t want to smell like a fish after only an hour of dancing!
5. The last and Most important skin care tip is to scrub your face and body thoroughly with good quality face/body scrubs by using your face brush, loofah, or body brushes after every night. The dirt and pollution settles down in your pores and it won’,t just come off simply by washing off with soap. You’,ll need something extra for that, and scrubbing will do the job by removing dead skin and unclogging your pores. This way you won’,t get any acne or skin problems after Navratri is over.
1. Primer is a MUST!! As soon as you start sweating after one round of garba, all your makeup starts wearing off and looking dirty. To avoid that kind of situation, wear a primer right after you apply moisturizer on your face, massage it gently, and then start applying your makeup. This will make sure your makeup stays in place all night.
Top 10 beauty and makeup tips
2. Avoid heavy powders and liquids. Just go light and creamy. Dab a little concealer on your problem areas and dust some loose powder. Remember, use loose powder (not your compact powder) all over your face, using a big powder brush. Don’t forget to apply concealers on the inner corners of your eyes ( under your eyes next to the bridge of your nose ), to enhance your facial features and give you a fresh/awake look.
3. Use a creamy blush instead of a powder blush. Powder makeup looks chalky when you start sweating. Creamy makeup will just blend in with your skin when you sweat, and won’,t give you a patchy look. If you don’,t have cream blushes with you, just apply your favorite pink/coral lipstick on the apple of your cheeks and blend it lightly for a more natural finish.
4. Apply a little bronzer on your cheeks, forehead, and neck. This will give you a very beautiful sunkissed glowy look.
Concealers: Try either Lakmé Absolute Face Stylist Concealer or L’,Oréal True Match Concealer:
Creamy Blushes: I like Inglot AMC Cream Blush or Maybelline Dream Touch Cream Blush:
Bronzer: Try The Body Shop Honey Bronze Face Bronzing Gel for a more subtle shimmery look.
1. Now I know it’s a colorful festival and your outfit is very colorful too, but avoid all those blues, pinks, yellows for your eye makeup. You don’t want your face to look like a coloring sheet on the garba floor. Wear metallic shimmery colors like silver, gold, copper, or shimmery white. Avoid using matte powder eye shadows, as it will make your makeup look chalky and very old fashioned.
2. Go for gel eyeliners, because they last longer and don’,t run off your face. And go for a thick winged eyeliner look, it will make your eyes look bigger, and will add a touch of confidence to your makeup.
3. Avoid wearing black kajals on your water line. Because it will spread and ruin your look. Instead, apply a brown eyeshadow color with a thin brush onto your lower lash line, and smudge it. This will give you a beautiful natural looking eye makeup.
4. Finish your eye makeup by applying lots and lots of waterproof mascara. You can also wear false eyelashes, for a more dramatic look. And then snap some beautiful selfies in your phone!
Eyeshadows: Try the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadows (Bad To The Bronze or Bold Gold) for a beautiful metallic touch and long lasting effect.
1. Apply a little foundation on your lips and blend it with a damp sponge. Now using a nude shade lip liner, draw on your lip line, creating a good outline. And then, fill in your lips with your lipstick shade by using a lip brush. Using a lip brush will make it much easier to apply the shade, so you can get a more accurate clean shape. Finish it off by pressing some powder on your lips for a lasting effect.
2. Go for bold color lip shades like a rich Red, Orange, or Dark Maroon. Avoid using your everyday pinks and nude shades. Take a risk. After all, it’,s a festival season and you want to stand out in the crowd.
Lipsticks: Try the Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color (Fatal Red) and L’,Oréal Paris Color Riche Intense (Red Passion).
No makeup beauty tips
I hope these tips will help you look more beautiful this Navratri. Do share your makeup look with me for this Navratri. I’,ll be happy to share it on my page.
Your voice matters! Do participate by sharing your reviews/questions/comments, your opinion will help other readers, and we can all connect with each other.