The ultimate Top 101 Beauty Tips – EYE MAKEUP
We are continuing with our list of the TOP 101 Beauty Tips and the next one is EYES Beauty tips for eye makeup.
Here are some tips we collected for you from beauty experts and professional makeup artist:
1. Always remove your makeup before bedtime. If you find yourself too tired to wash your face at night, keep makeup removing wipes in your night stand so you can wipe it off before falling asleep.
2. Replace mascara and liquid eyeliner after 3-4 months.
3. Know that old trick about putting tea bags on your eyelids to lessen puffiness? Make sure it’,s chamomile tea, some strong black teas can stain your skin.
4. Coloured mascaras are cool, but they can look too bright on light lashes. Brush on black mascara first, then apply the coloured mascara.
5. Don’,t pump your mascara, it will only allow air into the tube which will cause your mascara to dry (and ultimately shorten its lifespan).
6. If you over do it with the eyeshadow, don’,t try wiping it off–,you’,ll make things worse. Instead, use a puff to press translucent face powder over the eyeshadow to mellow out the colour.
Beauty tips for eye makeup
7. Need to dry mascara in a hurry? Switch your hairdryer to cool, close your eyes and give lashes a quick blast.
8. Big night out –, and your mascara’,s all dried up? It may be tempting, but don’,t add water! It introduces bacteria and makes the mascara sloppy. Instead, hold the tube–,with the cap on tight–,under a stream of warm water for a few minutes and you’,ll get a couple more applications out of it.
9. For curlier, flirtier lashes, heat up your lash curler with a hair dryer for five to eight seconds before curling them (not too hot!)
10. The reason for flaky mascara is that the formula is too dry or old. Make sure to close mascara after use to help keep its moisture. To extend the life a bit, add 2-3 drops of saline solution into the tube and swirl the brush around.
11. Wear white eyeliner in your water line to make eyes appear less red.
12. For the perfect cat-eye, select a thin liner brush that is tapered to the point. Use gel eyeliner for extra staying power.
13. Makeup rule: Go for dark eye makeup and light lips–,or vice versa. Never wear dark colours on both your lips and eyes!
14. Freeze your eyeliner in the freezer for 15 minutes prior to applying your makeup.
15. For makeup that lasts all day and night, use a makeup-sealing product like a setting spray.
16. Stop raccoon-eye, makeup meltdown by sweeping a little translucent powder under your eyes.
17. When putting on eyeliner, look downward into a mirror. This makes your lid flatten out so it’,s easier to draw a straight line.
18. Eye pencil too hard? Blast it for a few secs with your hair dryer. Go easy, though–,overheating it’,ll turn your pencil to mush! Before applying, check the consistency by drawing on the back of your hand.
19. To make your lashes look thicker, put a little powder (with your eyes closed, please!) on them before you apply your mascara.
20. If your concealer’,s too gunky, mix it with a little moisturizer on the back of your hand, then do your cover-up job.
Beauty tips of eye makeup
21. To keep eye shadow in its place, sweep some translucent powder on your lids before applying your shadow.
And there are more to come in the next one …, What are your best tips, tell us?